Image View

Welcome to African Weightloss Forum

African Weightloss Forum is all about losing weight the right way which is through the use of healthy food diets and exercising. Over time, through periodic weightloss challenges and direct advice given to members and guests, we strive to show you that your body does not need stagnation. In this way, we introduce weekly diets in order to help you lose weight healthily and stay trim. This forum's foremost purpose is to be a source of support and stay as well as strength to any one who wants to embark on weightloss, stay trim, be healthy with like minded people. There is love, friendship and a firm hand as well which only serves to guide and help you achieve your goals.
  • Membership is FREE;
  • Creating and updating your Food Diary is FREE;
  • Members are entitled to receive an assessment of their daily logs into their diary ONCE a month.
  • Also coming with the new change is a chat room where we all can gist and gossip and discuss our weaknesses and food strengths.. discuss anything under the moon... That would be the fun part of our forum.. Yippeee!
In order that we may adequately maintain the forum and dispense of our duties, we charge for the following services and we employ you to support us and continue to be a part of this strong family here.

The Prices for our programs are;
  1. 60 Days Weight loss program for love handles, hips, thighs and tummy trimming + daily support , 24 hrs communication & coaching = 15,000 Naira
  2. 31 Days intense body Weight loss program + support and coaching = 7,000 Naira
  3. 6 Weeks Weight loss Challenge = 4,000 Naira
  4. Personal consultation consisting of two sessions = 3,000 Naira
For these paid services listed above:
  • Please send an email to info@africanweightloss.com OR
  • A text with the word: FORUM to +2348038159818
Thank you for your understanding!
Weighloss Expert.

Author Topic: My Weightloss Journey  (Read 18102 times)

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
My Weightloss Journey
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:24:48 PM »
Hello,
I thought I should share my weightloss journey with you..
You see, losing weight never used to be a problem to me.. just little effort dieting, jogging on the spot and I am back..
But as I got older, it became increasingly difficult to lose weight easily..
I finally started jogging for an 1hr 30mins, not 'swallowing' at all and not eating before 12noon and this i did consistently for 10months and lost 25kg in 2008-2009... I was now a regular 62-65kg for a long time.
One thing about exercising is that when you stop but are still eating, you will start to add those pounds you worked so hard to lose.
So, I started working out again.
Marriage happened, 1st baby came in 2011, i weighed 100kg! I died and woke up!
2weeks after I gave birth, I started jogging, but not for long though as kidnapping had started and everyone started screaming 'be careful' and all of that..
I let myself go cause I felt I could lose weight whenever i 'condition' myself.
Then I met a friend who has forever been 'BIG'! she had become skinny... I was ashamed of myself..
I then started with hip hop abs... (I didnt take it seriously though..)
My feeding comprised of the following:
-green plantain with soup or stew or fried eggs or little red oil
-periodic eating of indomie
-red wine..
I lost 15kg in 2months

2nd baby came in 2013, but there was no time to add weight as I was always on my feet.. I was into lots of aerobics and body sculpting..

But all of that flew out of the window when i got pregnant for 3rd baby.. was constantly taking juice, and soft drinks.. I was on a drinking spree.
I was 110kg when I gave birth and added more 10kg... which made it 120kg

when I really wanted to lose weight, nothing worked..
I jogged on the spot did aerobics morning and Night but NO joy.. The scale refused to move.
This January, I stopped taking juice, softdrinks, snacks etc I don't swallow..
Everyday, I workout with Beach body Turbo Jam, Walking Cardio Body Shape Up
and I try as much as I can to eat right.. Now, the pounds are FALLING OFF like peels of Banana
I will share my food intake with you and you can follow my picture progress on Instagram @weightloss_ expert
Will be back to share more... Thank you
BBpin:2C043E6B
Instagram: Weightloss_ Expert

Offline ceceY

• weightloss isn't always linear. it can be a slow process too but quitting wouldn't make it any faster!!!!!
Re: My Weightloss Journey
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »
Well done WLE
Following

Offline uchay

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »
Weldone. Inspiring. ...still waiting for more update of ur food intakes

Offline Tami07

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
@ weightloss expert,waooh great! great! Will definitely follow ur picture progress on instagram.

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »
Thank you Everyone..
So, when I started in February 6wEeks ago, I was 120kg..
Now, right here, my starting weight is 109kg...
I would NOT weigh in till the END of APRIL...

2nd April:
B: NIL
L: 5 sandwiches
D: unripe plantain porridge
So fagged out NO exercises today, nursing my sick daughter..
.. I stole a cup of icecream from the freezer...
It didn't seat well with my tummmy so I kept stooling through the night..

Offline ceceY

• weightloss isn't always linear. it can be a slow process too but quitting wouldn't make it any faster!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »
Sorry about your daughter. Thank God for the effect the ice cream had on you. Hopefully we don't see it again. You're public figure here ;D

Offline Tami07

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »
So happy you are with us in this.This is great. Sorry about your girl. Hope she is OK now. Ehen, water intake nko? That wasn't in your diary.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 08:04:04 PM by Tami07 »

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »
Hello all,
My daughter is getting better.. Thank God and thank you so much for your care..
Lol @ Cecey on me being a public figure here... thing is everyone has weaknesses.. I won't be true to me and you all as well as everyone who gets to read this diary if I don't include my struggles as well... so expect a lot of that here o :P
@ Tami, I take a lot of water... I'm a fish o.. lol... i'd make sure to include my water intake..
@ Uchay.. hope you're resting and taking advantage of your leave? Please do..

3rd April 2016:
-Breakfast: NIL
- Lunch: rice+stew- No meat,fish (nothing) some ripe fried plantain
- Dinner: Orange drink
Water: 3 bottles of EVA water
Exercise: walking cardio Body shape Up
N/B: I don't usually exercise on Sundays.. it's a free day for me but since I couldn't workout on Saturday, I had no choice but to do it.. the thing about walking cardio Body shape up is you might not burn lots of calories ( I only burned 200); but it takes care of the sags you have during weightloss where there was fat previously... it tones and transforms it to muscles... Ladies muscles is what you need so that you don't add weight easily...

Offline uchay

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
Thanks  WLA, am trying to rest. But do u think wit the gaining of muscles the weight sale will move? Cos I think am losing the fat but replacing them with muscles with this JM Exercises am doing,  so the scale just doesn't move the way I want it to.

Advise pls?

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 03:39:35 PM »
I understand your worries Uchay..
Look at it like this: You do not want to have limp flesh hanging around you...when you are done losing the weight... Youve built the muscles, with the right exercise, you will NEVER ADD WEIGHT...

4th April:
B: NIL
L: Porridge Beans + 2 small pieces of Yam
D: 3 small wraps of corn mix
W: 2 Bottles of Eva water
E: 44mins of Beach Body Turbo Jam

Offline Tami07

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:55 PM »
That's My Weighloss Expert! Keep the fat burning.

@ Uchay, I understand the feeling dear.  Strength training is essential and has several advantages. I have come to understand that the calorie burnt after it strength training is completed is muchhh compared to cardio. One's metabolism can be boosted for up to a day after workout. Another big benefit is that it will reshape your body completely, enhancing your natural curves. Without it, we will look"soft and flabby"showing we have lost fat, but at the same time,our muscles aren't firm or shaped!!! By strength training Uchay, you are gaining muscle and the more muscle tone your body have,the more fat you'll burn!
My advice,be happy with what you've achieved so far.Love your body the way it is until you get to your personal "finish line".

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 02:52:32 PM »
Tami..... Very good!

5th April:
B: Nil
L: Sandwiches
S: Sandwiches
D: 8tsp of Rice + 1 snail + friend plantain
E: Shaun T's Rocking Body
(I found myself in a pool of sweat!) just 35mins of it had me burning up to 241calories...
It is advisable to never stick to one exercise routine UNLESS you jog for an hour or so..

Offline fitandfab Ada

• fit and fabulous
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 04:47:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Many more strength to you. However, I noticed you skip breakfast. I thought it was said to be the most important for weight loss and general body health

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »
Hello fitandfab Ada, thank you for reading... that breakfast everyday doesn't work for me... you really have to study your body :)... taking breakfast isn't wrong but then... I only indulge in breakfast when it's that time of the month as I really do want to eat the whole world at that time ;D..

6th April:
B: 12 tsp of rice + 5 fingers of fried plantain(TOM please, bear with me)
L: Unripe plantain porridge
D: Unripe plantain porridge
S: cornflakes cereal+ 2 sachets of cowbell milk
E: Beach Body Turbo Jam + Walking Cardio Body shape up (1hr 40mins) I decided to increase my workout time combining two workout sessions... I believe I have had 7 weeks of developing my stamina so yes, my body can take it... this time, I slept well, I had no joint or body aches...

Offline Weighloss Expert

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 09:17:33 AM »
7th April
B: 2slices of bread+2fried eggs
L: NIL
D: 16tspns of rice
Cornflakes
Lemon